No scene can ever compare to the beauty of the one we watch on the big screen. We do not just listen to a movie, we live in it. When watching a movie, we let our imagination carry us to that peculiar world of breathtaking locations and extraordinary adventures. The good news is that, often, those mythical places truly exist and are reachable. Here’s everything you need to know about a real-life cinematic experience.
1. Embark on an Exciting Cinematic Adventure
Cinematic adventures are a wonderful way to explore different worlds and characters, find out secrets of the past and present, and be entertained! Take the opportunity to go on an exciting journey through the big screen and experience all varieties of different stories.
- One way to do this is to dedicate some time to a specific genre. Once decided, expand your viewing by watching films made in different countries, varying between animations and live-action releases, and even check out critically acclaimed or lesser-known indie films. If you’re feeling daring, take the added step and explore classics and cult favourites!
- Another great option is to visit movie marathons, festivals, outdoor screenings, and other events. There’s nothing quite like watching films with others who share the same delight in the cinematic experience, be it getting stuck into the narrative of a movie, or debating the finer details afterwards.
Wherever you opt for, take the time to prepare yourself mentally and emotionally. Those who create these cinematic displays want you to feel like you’re part of the action, so shut off the gadgets, remove any distractions, and immerse yourself wholly into the world you’re about to explore!
2. Immerse Yourself in Classic Film Locations
If you’ve ever wanted to find yourself standing smack dab in the middle of an iconic film set, then consider this your go-ahead. A modern classic movie aficionado’s obsession, lots of film locations can be found today!
For the fanatics out there, why not pay homage to your favorite director or movie by seeing the exact places where it was shot? Allow yourself to “immerse” in the film and soak up all it’s glory. Here are some major ones to consider:
- New York City: This notable city is famously seen across hollywood gems like The Godfather, Elf, and The Devil Wears Prada. It’s no surprise that its iconic landmarks have had a lasting impression on filmmakers.
- London: The bright lights of London are too often the backdrop of cinematic masterpieces, from Notting Hill to Bridget Jones. Visiting its famous Big Ben and Tower Bridge will transport you straight to the scene of these classic movies.
- California: If television shows have always been more your thing over film, then California is your collection of sights to explore. From Game of Thrones’ Winterfell to one of the most famous TV series of all time: Friends’ Central Perk, you’ll have plenty to see.
Slot in a day-trip when you’re visiting classic filming spots. All it takes is a bit of research, planning and vigor, and you’ll be on your way to capturing the true essence of the beloved movies and shows. Don’t forget to take pictures or videos you can share for your friends! Nothing like experiencing a classic movie or TV show in person!
3. Exploring Spectacular Sets in Real Life
From Castle Rock in Shakespeare’s plays to the red walls of Winterfell in Game of Thrones, the mere thought of these spectacular settings can evoke feelings of amazement and curiosity. While watching these amazing set pieces on television or in movies is a delight, nothing beats the feeling of actually witnessing them in real life.
Whether it’s the rolling hills of the beautiful Cotswold countryside or the far-reaching desert landscapes of New Mexico, there is no better way to immerse yourself into these one-of-a kind sets and tap into the full range of your emotions. Here are a few ideas to help you explore these amazing locations:
- Take a Tour: Tour operators organise trips to explore the unique and breathtaking locations which have served as the backdrop to some of our most beloved films and tv shows. Taking a tour of the spectacular sets is a great way to explore the rich history and culture of the areas and indulge in the classic stories and characters.
- Discover Local Landmarks: Register for a course with a local tour guide or explore the area on your own. Get to know the local area and discover the hidden gems around you. Who knows, you might even stumble across quaint villages that have been the backdrop for some of your favourite shows.
- Extend Your Trip: Consider spending more time in a particular location to really get a feel for the area. Visit galleries, restaurants and other landmarks to fully acquaint yourself with the location and make unforgettable memories.
4. Seek Out Wardrobe Replicas and Props
If you’ve ever seen a movie or TV show and wanted to emulate the dress style of your favourite character, now’s your chance! Replica wardrobes are becoming increasingly accessible to everyday consumers. You can find suppliers online who can recreate wardrobe pieces from a variety of media, whether it’s from a period piece or the latest sitcom.
Look up the original clothing and fashion designers of the featured wardrobe and try to source similar materials and fabric. With custom orders, you can get the pieces tailored to fit you perfectly. You could also check out retail shops to find lookalike pieces that are ready to wear-just like your favourite character.
Wardrobe isn’t the only thing you can try and recreate-props play an integral role in any production. From the simple to the intricate, props can help bring your outfit to life. If you want to add a little pizzazz to your ensemble, add in a classic accessory like a pocket watch or spyglass.
Keep in Mind:
- Be wary of knockoffs or imitation props; make sure you buy the real thing instead.
- Surf online for retailers who might have access to hard to find pieces.
- Check film and stage production costume hire shops for ready-made pieces.
- Think about how you can mix and match different pieces to make a unique look.
With a few clicks of the mouse, you could be dressed head to toe just like your favourite movie character, plus a few unique touches of your own. Enjoy the challenge of finding wardrobe and props that bring your cinematic vision to life.
5. Capture a Special Moment in Time
There’s nothing like capturing a special moment in time. It’s even more fulfilling when that special moment turns into a lasting memory that you can admire for years to come. Here are a few ideas on how you can capture the unique moments that make life more meaningful:
- Take a selfie on vacation to remember a special trip.
- Write a letter about a special occasion that made an impact on your life.
- Collect souvenirs from new places as a token of your experiences.
We’re often so busy just living life that we forget to record the moments that make life worth living in the first place. Whether it’s a milestone you achieved, a candid moment you shared with someone, or a moment of accomplishment, make sure to take the time to cherish it. You can even take it a step further by preserving it in a photo album or scrapbook.
And when it doubt, document the moments you think you’ll forget. Who knows—in a few years, that everyday milestone could become a thing of the past. For example, the day you graduated from college, or the time you went on a road trip with friends. Or, if it’s as simple a moment as buying a new car, it’s worth preserving for when the memory may fade.
6. Making Memories at a Movie Location
Movie locations can be an exciting spot for making special memories. When visiting one of your favorite movie’s shooting location, it can be an emotional experience.
- Take pictures: What better time than on a movie location to start taking pictures? Snap an amazing photo of your friends or family against the movie’s backdrop. It will be a joyous memory that will be cherished for many years.
- Exhibit your best poses: Get creative and come up with fun poses! Use movie posters, props or even striking a classic pose of the movie for your Instagram.
You can take a day-trip to the seemingly unknown so it can be quite an adventure. While you are there, find out some fascinating facts about the movie and the shooting location. Bring some snacks and drinks, so you can even make a picnic out of it.
Moreover, a movie location makes an excellent setting for birthday parties, or even a date! Movie locations are not just for Hollywood movies, but they are also linked with famous TV series.
So get ready, relax and find a movie location for you to make cherishable memories!
Why not take on your own cinematic escape and relive your favorite films in real life? Visit the same places seen on the big screen and feel like a star in your own life story. Maybe just take a drive around town now and see where a bit of make-believe moves you. Who knows what kind of unforgettable stories you might tell when you come home!